Enjoy your new Citi® Mastercard® - accepted at more than 48 million places worldwide
We recently sent you a new Citi® Mastercard® to replace your Citi® Visa® card. As a result of this switch:
- Your account pricing and terms will not change
- If your card participates in a reward, rebate, or discount program, your program will not change and any rewards earned with your previous card will continue to be available to you
- Your new Mastercard® will offer global acceptance at millions of places worldwide – just like your Citi® Visa® card did
Your Citi® Visa® card is being reissued as a Citi® Mastercard® as part of a larger effort to offer a more consistent experience across many of our products and to look for new ways to enhance your experience in the future.
- If you have not already done so, activate by visiting citi.com/activate or by calling the number on your activation sticker
- Sign the back of your new card and destroy your old card
- Notify companies/online merchants who regularly bill your account of your new account number
- Update any of your payment services including Apple Pay™ and Citi PaySM | MasterpassTM
No. Your Visa card will cease to function 6-8 weeks after you receive your new card, even if the Visa card shows a future expiration date. To ensure uninterrupted service, please activate and begin using your replacement Mastercard when you receive it.
During this conversion process to Mastercard, you will see both the Visa and the Mastercard account number on your Citi Online Dashboard. The Mastercard will have all of your current and correct account details. The Visa will remain on your Citi Online dashboard until you delink it.
No, your account terms have not changed.
If your card participates in a reward, rebate, or discount program, your program won't change due to this switch and any rewards earned with your current card will be available to you.
Yes, your new Mastercard® will continue to be accepted at millions of places worldwide — just like your Visa® card.
To learn more, please visit each of these benefit's section on this site.
Simply contact companies that bill your card on a regular basis (such as phone, cable, gym memberships and insurance) to set up automatic bill payments. It's a great way to add convenience and gain peace of mind. And remember if your card participates in a rewards program, you will earn rewards on those purchases.
Please call the customer service number on the back of your card. Citi's telecommunication number for its hearing and speech impaired customers is located on your billing statement and the Contact Us section on citi.com.